November 30, 2003

Houllier: We don't need Rivaldo
Gerard Houllier today said that he is not interested in Brazilian World Cup winner Rivaldo as he is more than happy with his current squad. AC Milan have admitted Rivaldo will be leaving the club after Christmas amid reports of a move to the Premiership, with Liverpool supposedly one of a number of clubs interested in his services. But Houllier insists the player won't be swapping the San Siro for Anfield because he is more than happy with his squad as it stands. The Liverpool manager said: "First of all you need to need someone like Rivaldo and secondly you don't want to have any disruption in terms of salary in your dressing room. So I hope my first signings in January will be Jamie Carragher and Milan Baros and maybe Stephane Henchoz and Bruno Cheyrou too. I will stick with what I have unless an opportunity comes up - then we will snatch it. I have shown confidence in my players and given them my unconditional support and I'll continue to do that." source: liverpoolfc.tv/Koptalk/Walk On

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home